DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 2005
Executive Editor, DePaul Business & Commercial Law Journal
Boston College, B.A., 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Kristopher J. Stark
Kris focuses his practice on various complex commercial matters. He has represented and advised clients on matters involving contract disputes, real estate, construction, environmental issues, insurance coverage, antitrust, gaming, trade secrets, and products liability claims.
His recent experience includes:
- Defending claims of personal injuries as the result of alleged negligence or defects involving medical devices, pharmaceuticals and toxic substances.
- Representing product manufacturers, distributors and premises defendants in asbestos litigation across the country including cases in Illinois, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.
- Representing policy holders in insurance coverage disputes including successful prosecution of coverage action involving claims of business interruption and property damage.
- Representing a plaintiff in a federal antitrust action and related representation before the Federal Trade Commission.
- Successfully defending a major energy company facing a series of environmental law suits filed under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (“RCRA”) involving, among other things, the remediation of the Chicago River and adjacent properties.
- Favorably prosecuting, defending and resolving a series of commercial lease disputes between the owner of a historic Chicago office building and certain tenants that has allowed the owner to proceed with its anticipated $130 million redevelopment of the building.
- Successfully defending claims of breach of contract and foreclosure of mechanics liens on behalf of a landowner and developer related to a prominent commercial development in Chicago.
- Defending and favorably resolving two lawsuits involving over sixty mechanics liens on behalf of the defendant owner and developer, a Fortune 500 company and one of nation’s largest home builders.
- Trial counsel for the owner of prime real estate over disputed usage and easement rights.
- Successfully defending a catering business and its principal from a criminal investigation brought by the Illinois Department of Revenue related to gross receipts and sales taxes for concessions sold at sporting events.
- Advising developers and owners on construction delay and defect claims and related contract issues, including the resolution of litigation and contractor claims involving a $200+ million mixed use development on behalf of a major university.
- Advising developers and landowners on land use, zoning and redevelopment issues, including a world-famous, theatrical and concert promoter on the acquisition and redevelopment of a historic landmark theatre.
- Illinois Super Lawyers Rising Star 2012 - 2013
American Bar Association
Chicago Bar Association