Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D., health law concentration, 1996
North Carolina State University, M.A., 1991
Michigan State University, B.A., 1988
- Illinois, 1996
Lynn chairs the firm’s Healthcare Department and concentrates her practice in the area of corporate and regulatory healthcare law, with a particular emphasis on the transactional, regulatory and operational legal counsel needs of hospitals, health systems, FQHCs, and specialty provider groups, including mergers and acquisitions, provider networks, healthcare joint ventures, contract drafting and negotiations, physician integration, Antitrust, Stark, Anti-kickback and IRC 501(c)(3) regulatory compliance, and Medicare and Medicaid recoupment and repayment (self-disclosure) matters.
Her projects have included:
Health system, hospital, nursing home, physician practice, home health and other provider mergers, affiliations, acquisitions, divestitures and changes of control, including through joint operating company models.
- Complex joint ventures, including ASTCs, Gamma Knife®, CyberKnife, MRIs, COEs, PBTs, Rehab.
- Specialized contracts for complex contractual arrangements, including clinical co-management.
- Medical Staff matters (e.g., hearings, appeals, NPDB reporting, anti-trust).
- Stark, Anti-kickback, intermediate sanctions and governmental reimbursement rule compliance investigations and corresponding self-disclosures.
- Disputing Medicare and Medicaid recoupment demands.
- A variety of Provider Network initiatives (ACOs, CCEs, IPAs, MCCNs, Medicaid 1115 Waiver, etc.).
Lynn has been quoted in numerous publications, including:
- Becker's Hospital Review, "CEO succession planning: How to use incumbents to help, not hurt, an executive search."
- Crain’s Chicago Business, “Hospitals' quasi-merger is a good news/bad news deal” and “Prescription: sell practice”
- Modern Healthcare, "Exclusion efforts: OIG pushes for monthly blacklist cross-check"
- Medicare Compliance Alert, “Cash-strapped doctors have limited options when the landlord is a provider”
- Medicare Compliance Alert, “Rent past due: Consider these options to stay in your office and compliance”
American Health Lawyers Association
Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys
American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, 2008-2014
- Leading Lawyers Network 2013
- “Don’t Get Halifaxed: Addressing the Stark Law Strict Liability Conundrum and Other Overpayment Dilemmas,” First Illinois Healthcare Financial Management Association Spring Summit, 04/10/14
- “Beyond ACOs: Examining the Constructs of Emerging Consolidation Models,” Healthcare Consolidation & Acquisitions Leadership Forum, 10/28/13
- "Addressing Fraud and Abuse Risks in Mergers and Acquisition Transactions,” AHLA/HCCA Fraud & Compliance Forum, 09/29/13 – 10/01/13
- "Consolidation in a Rapidly Changing Industry: Navigating Options, Antitrust and Other Obstacles," American Health Lawyers Association, Hospitals and Health Systems Law Institute, 02/12/13
- "Are You Next? Proactive Strategies to Address Government Investigations, Recoupment Demands and Repayment Obligations," Ungaretti & Harris Webinar, 04/19/12
- "Health System Collaboration & Merger Activity: Drivers, Models, Legal Hurdles and a Sample Transaction," Healthcare Provider Transformation Summit, Creative Partnership Strategies for the New Era, 04/11/12
- "Legal Perils with Stark and Anti-kickback," American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Conference, EMR and Other Technologies: Revolutionary Change in Orthopaedic Practice, 06/13/10
- "Healthcare USA: Past, Present, and Future," Association of Schools and Colleges of Optometry, 10/09/09
- "HIPAA Compliance: HITECH Breach Notifications" Catholic Health Association Fall Compliance Officers' Meeting, 10/06/09
- "Tax Exempt Status in Not-for-Profit Healthcare: Inalienable Right or Moving Target?" Alexian Brothers Health System 2009 Governance Retreat, 10/02/09
- "Baucus, Grassley and the New Era in Washington," The Continuing Challenges to the Charitable Exemption of Illinois Not for Profit Hospitals, Chicago Conference, 11/26/08
- "Physician Joint Ventures: Risk-Free or Risky?" American Health Lawyers Association 2006 Annual Meeting and In-House Counsel Program, 06/25/06
- "Hospital Tax-Exemption & Charity Care Standards," Loyola University Chicago School of Law, 04/12/06
- "Unintended consequences?" Illinois Charity Care Legislation: A New Health Plan for Illinois? Chicago Conference, 02/21/06
- Regulatory compliance & joint venture presentations, Resurrection Health Care, Chicago, 2005
- "Coordinated Examination Program, Intermediate Sanctions and the Exempt Health Care Organization: A New Day in IRS Enforcement Activity," Medicare Reimbursement Compliance Strategies for Healthcare Financial Executives, Healthcare Financial Management Association, 05/22/02
- "Compliance and Enforcement: Fraud & Abuse and Stark," Medicare Reimbursement Compliance Strategies for Healthcare Financial Executives, Healthcare Financial Management Association, 05/01/02
- Becker's Hospital Review, 08/01/14
- Chambers USA Ranks Ungaretti & Harris Attorneys and Practices in Banking & Finance, Corporate, Healthcare, and Labor & Employment07/01/14
- Chambers USA: Ungaretti & Harris Attorneys and Practices Ranked in Banking & Finance, Bankruptcy / Restructuring, Corporate, Healthcare, and Labor & Employment05/29/13
- Lynn Gordon Quoted in Modern Healthcare Article "Exclusion efforts: OIG pushes for monthly blacklist cross-check"Modern Healthcare, 05/18/13
- Healthcare practice group as well as individual attorneys recognized by clients and peers08/01/10
- Lynn Gordon Quoted in Healthcare Insight06/01/10
- Ungaretti & Harris Addresses Continuing Challenges to Charitable Exemptions for Illinois Not for Profit Hospitals12/02/08
- Payors Acquiring Physician Practices: Purchase Price Limitations and other Stark & Anti-Kickback Rules of the RoadThe Health Lawyer, Volume 26, Number 4, April 2014, 04/01/14
- Written Materials to Accompany Presentation - Addressing Fraud and Abuse Risks in Mergers and Acquisition TransactionsAmerican Health Lawyers Association/Health Care Compliance Association Fraud and Compliance Forum, 09/29/13
- Part One Written Materials to Accompany Presentation-Consolidation in a Rapidly Changing Industry: Navigating Options, Antitrust and Other ObstaclesAmerican Health Lawyers Association Forum, 02/12/13
- Health Care Law Monthly, 12/01/11
- Outpatient Surgery Magazine, 03/01/10
- The Health Lawyer, Volume 21, Number 2, December 2008, 12/01/08
- Health Care Law Monthly, 03/01/07
- American Health Lawyers Association Forum, 06/25/06
- Health Lawyers News, 03/01/03
- Hospitals & Health Systems Rx, 12/01/02
- The RAP Sheet - A Publication of the American Health Lawyers Association Regulation, Accreditation and Payment Practice Group, 09/01/02
- Clinical Laboratory Management, 05/01/01
- Group Practice Journal, 02/01/01
- Release of Behavioral Health, Developmental Disabilities, HIV, and Substance Abuse Information: Guidelines for Legal ComplianceHealth Care Law Monthly, 12/01/00