Harvard Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1997
- Harvard Women’s Law Journal
Illinois Wesleyan University, B.A., magna cum laude, 1994
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
Lisa is a partner in the Litigation Department and focuses on commercial litigation, antitrust counseling and litigation, and intellectual property litigation. Lisa provides pre-litigation counseling to clients and has been involved in all aspects of litigation, including mediation, arbitration, and trial.
Lisa’s practice in commercial litigation has been wide-ranging, including commercial contract disputes, business owner disputes, trade secret and restrictive covenant litigation, false advertising claims, real estate litigation, defense of class action disputes, and white collar criminal cases. Lisa also has experience with e-discovery issues.
Lisa’s intellectual property practice has focused primarily on patent infringement cases, both on behalf of patent holders and alleged infringers, but she also has experience with trademark infringement. In January 2009, Lisa headed a trial team in defense of patent infringement litigation in the Eastern District of Texas, in which the plaintiff alleged that Lisa’s client willfully infringed three patents and sought $18 million in damages. Lisa obtained a jury verdict of non-infringement of all three patents. In addition, the jury invalidated two of the three patents as obvious.
Lisa’s antitrust practice focuses particularly on antitrust counseling on business issues, such as pricing strategies and policies, distribution and distributor issues, corporate compliance programs, and the structure of joint ventures. Lisa works with members of Ungaretti & Harris’ Healthcare department to counsel clients on healthcare antitrust issues. Lisa also has experience with the defense of private antitrust litigation. She has represented parties in pre-merger reviews before both the Federal Trade Commission and the Antitrust Division of the Department of Justice. Lisa has authored antitrust client advisories and articles, and has spoken on antitrust issues.
American Bar Association
- Presenter, "Antitrust Considerations in the Formation of Strategic Alliances," Northwestern University School of Law, Summer Institute in Corporate Law and Business, July 2001
- Ungaretti & Harris Helps B-Tek Scales and Cooperativa Bilanciai Fend Off Mettler-Toledo in Patent Appeal Before the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals02/15/12
- Plaintiff awarded no damages, has two patents invalidated02/09/09
- Litigation Alert, 03/17/09
- Chicago Lawyer, 02/13/09